Tuesday, October 8, 2013

~ Halloween Decorating - Black, White & Silver


Adding a few vintage elements always seems to bring that special feeling of age and beauty to Fall and Halloween Decorating. The entry table is dressed in a little bit more black this year and Emily Grace is wearing her special hat for the occasion as she awaits the big day with her black kitty and  rave, along with her favorite jack o' lantern. (The Little Victorian Witch Art Print, Emily Grace,  is available HERE.)

The pretty velvet pumpkins that I made this year for Fall and Halloween add a lovely soft texture to complement the sparkle of the Mercury glass pumpkins and gourds. Its a wonderful combination. The velvet pumpkins have  a very subtle texture and soft coloring that makes them feel a bit vintage,  even if you know they are new.

While unpacking the seasonal goods, I found some black and gold frames which were waiting to be painted in lighter color. For Halloween they are perfect the way they are. I might have to keep a couple the way they are and pack them away with the Halloween things.

The stack of books starts with an antique Italian vellum book from the 1600's which I use all year around. The vintage book stack is topped with a white garden urn holding a mercury glass gourd. Sitting on the edge of the books is a paper and velum butterfly.


The ravens got a little dressed up this year as well. One wears a handmade lace color, while the one in the top photo chose a black and white harlequin collar. That one was made from a wired ribbon. Cut off one side making it the width you need, and pull the wire in your cut piece to make the ruffled collar.
 
Rounding out the display for the entry table is a tall black urn that was also tucked away and mostly forgotten. Now it is the perfect place to have another white pumpkin. This one is a ceramic one painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (Old White and Pure White) but a foam pumpkin would work was well.

Come back soon to see more Halloween Decorating for 2013.

See Y'All Soon~

30 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, your pumpkins are absolutely stunning and that urn is exquisite. What a fun and gorgeous vignette. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will be live this afternoon at 2:30 PT. www. astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marty,
    Thanks for the sweet note. I will try to remember to get over to your place this afternoon.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vignettes, the white pumpkins with the black spider is just wonderful love all the black and white...I may have to do something so perfect myself...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,
      Even though I'm not a spider loving person, I can't resist these glittery ones for Halloween! Happy decorating to you!

      Delete
  4. Just beautiful, Donna! Your vignette would fit in perfectly here in my living room. : ) Love how you did the collars on the crows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy,
      I know how you love these colors! Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello Kelly,
      Thanks for stopping by and sharing this fun holiday with me!

      Delete
  6. Bonitas imágenes,las calabazas blancas preciosas.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to do a little translation of your note so others can enjoy it as well, even if we don't speak any other language than English. :)

      Beautiful pictures, lovely white pumpkins. Kisses

      Thank you for your sweet note!

      Delete
  7. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Your Halloween vignette is beautiful. I love the white and black. Simple and classic.
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne,
      Thanks for stopping by. It's so nice to see so many people love the look of black & white.

      Delete
  8. I just love the look of vintage in any vignette. Yours is truly fun to look at with the special touches of the little witch girl print and the crown on the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun stuff! Love the black and white!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna,
      oooooh, Black and white! Isn't it fun?
      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. THAT looks phenomenal! You did a great job and I love it! SOOO cool! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty vignette! So spooky =) I love Fall and Halloween!! I'm your newest follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Halloween décor is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! Love the color scheme! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire your TASTE and GRACE of FORMS! ! !
    Very STYLISHLY AND BEAUTIFULLY! ! GALLANT! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  15. What truly beautiful vignettes you have created here!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful! you can really feel the Halloween.

    try to visit this website. about home decorating. Visit Modern Living

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous I love the urn with the white pumpkin. There are so much beauty with all these vignettes. I like the addition of the pieces around the crows.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you ladies for stopping by. I love sharing Halloween with others who enjoy it so much.
    It was so nice of you to leave your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Donna,
    Thank you dearly for taking the time to share your time with me over at my place and better leaving a comment that adds joy to my posting and inspiring.

    I love your post its so hauntingly beautiful and perfect colours for my home decor. I just love whites, blacks, and silver mercury glass shades all in the Halloween mix.

    See you soon and what next you will inspire, I better get busy with my decor before they come knocking :)

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Doré,
    Thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts.

    And to all of you kind ladies who come by often and take the time to comment, thank you! Hope you have a most wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna,
    Elegantly displayed, dear friend!!!
    I agree, keep a few black and gold frames...they are exquisite!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna